Hello guys! Happy April Fools! Can you believe that it’s already April? My mind is still stuck somewhere in February! I hope everyone had a good Monday yesterday and are ready for the week ahead. Are you planning on pulling any jokes on anyone today? What’s not a joke is my love for all things beauty. Lately I find myself at the beauty counters more and more- I almost feel like I am cheating on clothes with beauty products (does anyone else have this or am I crazy?). There is a whole bunch of things I am lusting after this month and I hope to get them one by one.
1. MAC Lipstick in Diva- I have promised myself that I am going to save every month and at the end of the month I am allowed to buy one lipstick. That’s twelve lipsticks a year so that’s not shabby- but there are 104 lipsticks in MACs permanent lipstick collection and at R185 a pop, I still have a long way to go. I love a bold lip colour for winter and Diva is a burgundy red colour which is going to look fabulous paired with tartan!
2. Bobbi Brown Nude and Nectar Eye shadow Pallet – At the launch of the Pretty Powerful mascara (read my review here) I spotted this little gem. I have recently established that only neutrals and browns look nice on me (by looking back at my “Smokey black eye “photos from years ago where I look like a racoon) so this would be a nice addition to my collection. It has matte, shimmer and glitter shades so you are good for any type of make-up with this pallet. Need!
3. The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter- This is an oldie but a goodie and one can never have too many body butter for the upcoming winter.
4. Revlon Matte Colour Burst Balms- I have the red one already, and I absolutely love the matte texture! There are a couple of more stunning shades that I can’t wait to get my hands on. I hope I don’t go crazy. But I just might. R120 each
5. Stila CC Cream- I have recently starting using CC cream and even though it is not what I expected (I thought it would give more coverage then BB cream but it doesn’t) it is still an amazing product. The Colour Corrector has a lot of benefits as well as SPF and I have only heard good things about this product. R395 for 40 ml
6. Everything from the new Essence ranges- I love Essence so much because it is so affordable and such good quality! Essence doesn’t stop at the products that they have already and are constantly updating their ranges. I am most excited for the ombre blush (R49.95) the “All About Nude” eye shadow pallet (R49.95) and the cover stick (R29.95).I have already bought the concealer and its amaze- as good as the MAC Studio Fix Concealer.
7. Crabtree and Evelyn “Old World Jasmine Flower Water”-Crabtree and Evelyn have launched a new line of scents and I have my eye on this one. I love the scent of Jasmine (and the girl name!) and if I could smell like Jasmine all day, I would! R850 for 100ml
8.27 Pinkx Brush set- I have been trying to learn more make-up tricks (not succeeding so far) and you can’t do so without having the right tools, like brushes. I have only realized this recently so my brush collection is still relatively small and how cute is the pink packaging? R420 for ten brushes.